Software Engineer (Golang)
Work for HAProxy Technologies
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. HAProxy Enterprise is already an integral piece of the world’s top tech companies with its enterprise-class features, services and premium support. HAProxy One, our newest product suite, will deliver modern websites and applications with the utmost performance, security and observability at any scale regardless of the environment.
About The Team
In order to meet our ambitious goals, we need to scale our software engineering teams to accommodate our growing product lines and customers. The software engineering team is responsible for providing efficient and reliable software and services that power our products. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our software engineering team.
The Software Engineer’s primary role is to use the latest tools and technologies to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications that meet our company’s needs.
- Process Oriented: Participate in the complete lifecycle of software development including prototyping, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support. Solid understanding of software engineering practices, industry guidelines and CI/CD fundamentals.
- Passionate: A self-starter who has a passion for technology and the ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code. Mindful of solutions that emphasize performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Accountability: Strive for continuous improvement, embrace change, feedback, quick iterations, and embrace failure in order to learn from mistakes.
- Communication: Liaise with peer developers, designers and product owners to identify requirements that affect scope, schedule, and quality. Ability to present status during weekly stand ups or management meetings.
An experienced contributor with a track record of execution and delivery in a software development environment.
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- 3+ years proven Golang development work experience
- Knowledge of various Golang frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with microservices/service oriented architecture (tools and technologies for messaging/observability, REST API, containerization, etc.)
- Expertise with Postgres or other RDBMS
- Experience of web services and caching mechanisms
- Experience developing and deploying in Linux/Unix-based environments
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Good oral and written communications skills in English
- A post-secondary degree or technical diploma in the software development field.
- Experience with OpenAPI specification is a plus.
- Understanding of networking protocols TCP/HTTP/TLS is a plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures and container technologies i.e. AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with HAProxy or other SaaS products is a plus
TThis is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.